Monday, August 27, 2012

3 Weeks in

Tomorrow is exactly 3 weeks since we packed up our home and moved to Galveston. Some days it does not seem that long...and some days it feels like we have been here an eternity.
BUT this past weekend we got out and really enjoyed some fun stuff---which was much needed after two full day stuck in the house with rain storms!!
See while I know there is a ton to do here in our little gulf island, I am not sure if I can do all of it with two kids all alone--so I have not ventured out too much until I get better idea on what I can/can not do on my own with the kiddos!
Shea had to work last Saturday ( I KNOW--already!!) so I made a plan to venture out to what I believed would be Austin's favorite of all things with Grammie Helen as my assistant! And aside form the stifling humidity and Lexi wanting to be carried most of the time--we had a blast! At the Galveston Railroad Museum! Austin is still very much into trains--so I knew this would be amazing for him. This Museum is a major thing here on the island and even after the Hurricane that destroyed so much of it--its still amazing.
In front of his FAVORITE train!!

Austin and Grammie Helen as we waited to ride the train

Lexi enthralled with the Miniature Trains


Thats actually a painted mural--soo cool!

They have an old Train Terminal set up with these statues of what people would have looked like waiting for the trains--very cool!
In fact the next day when we were deciding what to do with Daddy for his one day off, Austin asked if we could go back to the Railroad Museum!

I am sure we will be going back---and may even get membership--think it might just be worth it!!
Blessing for today---that we live in the same town as grandparents for the first time since our kids were born! Austin loved sharing his Train Adventure with Grammie Helen--and I do believe she loved it too! Thankful for people who love my kiddos!

No comments: