The past month has been full of so much for us...many fun times but also some very hard challenges. I think we are calling March "the money month from He**!!" Seriously, if it could go wrong and cost money, it happened in March. Shea's brakes went out on his truck...not only went out but literally were broken in pieces! So needles to say, that was a priority to get fixed. We are very blessed to have a paid off truck for Shea to drive...but we are pretty certian that what it cost to replaces the brakes might have been more than the truck was worth...but what could we do--he had to have a truck to drive to work and a new car is NOT In the budget 2 months before a new baby arrives! So--we thanked God we had just received a tax refund
(which I was so hoping to use for other things!) and paid for the brakes.
Over the next weeks, Shea got a tooth infection and needed a root canal, our fence fell down, Austin's new school registration was due and our "under escrow" letter came in...it was dismal! Add on top of that we are trying to prepare for a new baby, and buy the necessities for that...it was all just tooo much!
So when April 1st arrived--we were more than happy to leave last month behind! Shea is working his hiney off at work ( meaning very long days, 6 days a week) trying to get us caught up and able to be to a breathing place as the baby arrives. As most of you who know me well know--money is MY Biggest stressor. I hate that it has that much power...but its the one thing that can really get to me. The Lord did provide in ways I had not expected so we could skate by in the month. Our fence is not fixed ...but Shea was able to repair it enough that Hunter at least cant get out. We will pay off some dental bills over the next few months...but at least Shea is not in pain anymore!
I learned ALOT last month in listening to God speak to my heart....and being obedient. And then trusting that as long as I was....he would bless us and take care of us. I ended up doing a midwife change at 32 weeks--which had to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. Its quite the long story...but needless to say it was a lesson Shea and I had to learn about working together more, and never letting any decisions be made without both of us really weighing in on them...even if one of us is the obvious expert on the subject!! Through it all--Shea and I worked together so well--and again my husband rose to a level that I had not imagined. And in the end--the Lord took care of every little detail that I stressed and worried so much about...and now we are at 36 weeks pregnant with an incredible birth team put together and ready to have our baby!
Soo much more to say...but I will save it for the next post!
Here are a few recent pics to keep you smiling....

2 comments:
Glad you got a makeshift fence up....would be a bummer if Hunter escaped!
Oh no! My little boy grew up and I missed it. So excited to see all of you (+ 1)in May. Can totally relate to the everything happening at once. Sending prayers out. Love you guys.
Nana Phillips
Post a Comment