Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Things are not that bleak...

Praise the Lord, Robins surgery went well!! I have not heard any thing since yesterday ( which is usually a good thing!) but it sounds like they may have been able to clear a lot of the infection out of her body---as they were finishing up surgery her fever and heart rate were already returning back to normal.

Shea and I both got through our first day of taking him to the train yesterday---and although it was a long day for Austin, he handled it pretty well. We just get to my office really early and keep the lights off so he does not have to feel like the day has started quite so early. He is currently in his swing taking his early morning nap--which allows me to get a little work done and organized for the day.

Not much change in our circumstances here--but my out look feels a bit more positive, so for those who were praying...thank you!! Shea got to spend a little time with Austin last night--and got to see him happy this morning before he went to work.

Sadie seems to be doing OK with her adjustment--she met me and Austin at the door yesterday with her "dolly" and then cried at me this morning when Austin was awakening and I was not attending to him fast enough. We started her on her allergy meds again as she is already scratching again...darn, I was hoping a trip to Oklahoma would have wiped those allergies away!

Some one commented yesterday on how much Austin was holding his head up---and I guess I see it all the time so did not realize how much of a change it is. He is now actively using his hand as his "pacifier". For weeks he would suck on his hand when he happened to find it--now he automatically puts it in his mouth--and some times if you look really closely he appears to he doing the "hook em horns" sign ...or so we would love to believe! He has become much more interactive with me at work--some times I will be holding him and typing and catch him watching me--and then when I acknowledge him, he will smile really big and make a noise...its great! ( oh, the little joys we find now!!)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Thank God that Robin is doing better. I know that is such a relief for you and all of your family. We will continue to pray for them. I was in prayer all day and will do so today also. I know God has a plan for you and Shea (and Austin) and that he will reveal it in time. Also praying for Sadie that she will stay healthy. I had noticed in the pictures how much Austin was holding up his head, he is just amazing!
Love you guys soooo much,
Vicky