- I am not sure if I am more embarrassed thats its been 7 months since my last blog post OR that I am going to try to redeem myself by posting a bulleted list of our life!
- Today I have worked 2 different jobs and I may get called to a third tomorrow. I am exhausted!
- Our sweet little Alexa Faith is like a garbage disposal...this week she has eaten some chunks of wood she found outside, some little decorative erasers and an amber stone off her amber necklace...yes that would be a STONE I found slivers of in her mouth. AND thats just the things I know of--there is no TELLING what she consumed that I didnt see!
- Austin has a new habit of crawling into bed with me early in the morning after Shea has left for work and wanting to "talk." He will say " mom, can we just lay here and talk about things?" He doesn't necessarily have a topic picked out, he just wants to talk.
- Shea FINALLY has some days off this week. Although he will spend 2-3 of them helping his dad move, I am still so excited for him to be home for a few days with us!
- I did the Black Friday shopping event this week and it was some of the craziest stuff I have ever seen...and I have been doing it for YEARS! In the end I came home and bought what I needed from the internet at 3am instead...I think I liked it better!
- This year I am trying hard to teach Austin about the "giving" part of Christmas and not just the "receiving" part. We are having some challenges because he doesn't understnad how any kids could possibly not get toys since Santa comes to visit ALL kids...ya, we have a lot of work ahead of us!
- Confession..part of the reason I am resurrecting my blogging career is because I am going to write a blog in a few days about Christmas Cards. This blog post will help me earn 50 free christmas cards. Judge me all you want...but at least NOW you will be getting a Christmas card from us!
- Shea and I started on a the Paleo way of eating about 6 weeks ago. Now while Thanksgiving DID royally throw a wrench in it, I am committed to getting back on track asap. If your wondering what eating Paleo is, well its the foods that they ate back in paleolithic times. We dont eat any gluten, grains, dairy or sugar or artificial anything. I have spent more time in my kitchen in the past 6 weeks then ever in the past 6 months. While its been challenging, I have enjoyed knowing every ingredient in my food. We eat lots of meats, eggs, veggies and fruit. And I have become a pro at cooking with almond butter, almond flour and coconut EVERYTHING! What I have learned: I can make a mean roast chicken with veggies but I cant seem to master hard boiled eggs! Shea of course is loosing weight...I am hardly budging. Go figure!
- Lexi is speaking more...her current words are: bahbah ( this can mean bye,bye or bubba), tank you ( thank you), bearbow ( hairbow), shooose ( shoes...aahh, thats my girl!), dada, and a few other noises that I know mean something...but I have no idea what! She actually talks all the time---I just cant understnad her language that resembles a cross between Spanish and Chinese!
- Austin is obsessed with rhyming words...his teacher said he is one of the best rhymers in their class LOL! He walks around saying words and then anything he can think of that might rhyme..sometimes he comes out with some words we would rather he NOT said!
- Austin is way into Scooby doo ( its the mystery part of scooby that intrigues him the most), Rescue Heros, and of course...TRAINS. The kid still loves and obsesses about trains.
Ok..so that was a mini catch up of life for us. I Promise to try to do better over the next few months. There is so much going on with us,I would love to update you all. But for now...this will have to do. A few pictures to keep you happy:
Halloween with Thomas and Minnie.
 |
| Austin with Miss Dawn at open house |
 |
| Playing with Aunt Kayla |
 |
| In Austin's classroom for open house |
No comments:
Post a Comment