Alright let me preface this with the fact that I am NOT trying to complain, I am just trying to be honest! Some times being the mom of a 7 month, "high needs" baby is really HARD! I recently did some reading on what a "high needs" baby truly is, and we fit some of the definition but not all--and frankly I would probably be in a loony bin if we did fit all the characteristics!
The thing is, Austin for the most part is a pretty "happy" baby...now. We all know it did not start out that way and he was not "happy" about much for the first 3 months of his life! That part has changed--he now loves to be out and about around other people. He is quite a ham if people will fuss over him and show him some love! And I love that about him...too bad I am perfectly content to stay at home all day and not venture out much!
Our issues come with eating, sleeping and being left by mommy. And those are some pretty big issues! At this point he will not take a bottle--only the breast. His sleeping pattern has become much more challenging--if any of you remember we have never had a sleeping issue before. He was sleeping 5-7 hour stretches at about 6 weeks! Not so much any more--last night he woke up every two hours all night. And last but not least...he just loves his mama who has his nursies and will only be entertained by some one else for so long--including Shea!
Now I know this will only last for so long, and I should appreciate that he wants me and that one day he will refuse to nurse, etc... but when you are smack dab in the middle of it...its just tough! I am exhausted, feeling a bit burned out and just need some much needed "mommy recharge" time. Too bad I think that dream is not reality!
I have been scouring the internet for information, advice, ideas and books. I have a new book on its way to me and am reading all the ones I already have for any type of help. I am feeling like a parent who is totally lost on whats supposed to happen next--and its not a fun feeling.
I am so excited that next week is Christmas and therefore we will have family in town and will be going over to families homes so I can just get some much needed "adult interaction" and be loved on!
Ok...well I just needed to chat and be honest and say where I am feeling we could really use some prayer. I know this too shall pass--but knee deep in it, it feels like an eternity!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment