Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Nana left today...

We took Vicky to the airport today and it was quite sad. All I have to say is that for those of you with family near by (within 3-4 hour drive) never take that for granted!! It was such a blessing to be able to have help this week--my house was cleaned, my laundry was done, I was able to eat meals with both hands, I did not change every diaper that was messy, I got to sit on the couch ALONE and watch tv,etc... you get my point!

Now of course you know I love my boy and I realize that even if you have family nearby you dont necessarily get this "star" treatment that we received for the past week...but at least its an option once in awhile!

I ended up leaving Austin with Vicky for 3 days, the longest one being about 8 1/2 hours. For the most part he did well, and I feel we really have a better handle now on where the issues still are. For one--Austin does not like the bottle. He will take it eventually but it is not easy and he fights it pretty hard. The only other thing is he is just at an age where he needs lots of activity and stimulation. He fell asleep well for her--she could rock him or hold him and he would fall asleep--and then she could lay down with him or put him down and he would take naps. ( granted the naps were not quite as long as they are when mama and the "nursey" lay down with him...but they were still naps!) And after that first very HARD day of leaving him--I was ok with leaving him the other days. I thought about him constantly---and when I got home to him I just wanted to sweep him up and breathe him forever...but it was a bit easier on the 3rd day then on the first. NOT easy enough where I want to do it every day---and I think my ease came from knowing he was with Nana who loved him through all his fussiness no matter what!

I was able to get a ton of work done and that also made me feel like I would have less pressure on me when I returned today with him with me.

One huge thing though---he is making his away across the floor now! Between rolling over and over, and digging his feet in the ground and using that to scoot---he is officially mobile! This really started about two weeks ago---but he has become much more efficient at it now. It is surreal that my "baby" cannot be put in one spot and left there---he moves now!!
Uh-oh...here comes the real work!!!

No comments: