...And cried all the way to work!! I keep telling myself this is ridiculous, but it sure does not feel ridiculous! Austin is staying home with his nana today while I work from 7-1pm. Not too long--but longer than I have ever been away from him before. This is the first day in over a year I have been to work alone ( nine months pregnant and then the last 3 months of Austin's life, for you who are a little slower!) It feels really weird not to be listening for his cries, and not to look over at his swing and see him watching me and smiling! Oh crap here come the tears again!!
Yesterday we had a fun day with Nana--Austin and I worked until 1pm and then went home to see Vicky. Bless her--she cleaned my house, did laundry, sorted Austin's clothes, packed away stuff too small and got out winter clothes, made me a bed with clean sheets--oh, it was wonderful! Then we went SHOPPING!! The resale store where we got some great toys for Austin--and then target. I realized when we were in Target that that was only my 3rd time to be in target in 5 months...since Austin was born!! New moms who have "high needs" babies dont get much time to shop!! But it was great fun looking at all the kids stuff and just being "out."
So today--without Austin in tow--I have got tons of work to do. I think everyone is realizing I am really going to be gone in 2 weeks so now the rush is on to train others in what I do. I am trying not to get overwhelmed by it all--and am working hard to let go of "my work." Its challenging after 5 1/2 years some where to let go---and trust it will be ok. BUT my new job is awaiting me at home--so I just gotta stay focused!
I am sure we will have fun pictures to share next week--lots to take this weekend. Ok--off to get some work done and think about my little one!
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment