Friday, August 24, 2007

The sweetest sound

I never knew laughter could make me so emotional, but last night I heard the laughter of my son for the first time and it took my breath away. (holy cow, I sound so much like a new mom!!)
Shea was holding Austin and I was on the floor in front of them--the dogs came in and Hunter and Sadie began their playing/wrestling on the floor. I could see him smiling and moving his hands around--and then all of a sudden he laughed out loud at them!! Shea and I both looked at each other like "did you hear that?? I heard that, but was it what we think it was?" So I spoke to him and egged on Sadie and Hunter some more and he did it again and then again and again....it was so incredible! I felt my self choke up as I looked up at Shea and realized our boy had just laughed out loud for the first time and we were both there to hear it!!

In the past few days he had been smiling a lot and making a noise, so I thought that was him laughing--it was not until last night when I heard this new noise that I realized, now THAT is laughter!! It was so great and makes me choke up even writing about it!! I actually think he may be doing some early teething too--I had not realized that some of the things he had been doing could be signs of teething and it appears he may be there. I am floored to think I already may be facing teething---was he not just a few days old like last week??
Austin is 3 months old today and 13 weeks as of yesterday--I cant believe how the time has flown and gone in slow motion all at the same time!

Shea took today off to get some things done for the bike so he dropped Austin and I off at work this morning--it was fun all riding together to work.

I have new pictures to upload which I will do this weekend--and then next weekend we are off to Arizona to see family and kick off college football season...woo, hoo! Austin's Longhorn outfit is hanging in the closet waiting for the big day!!

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Your baby's laugh has got to be one of the most beautiful sounds on God's good earth. I wish I could have been there. Hope Shea gets some momentum going on his motorcycle today!

Love you guys sooooo much!
vicky