- I am addicted to Facebook. Why you might ask with all the drama, gossip, passage aggressive comments? Honestly Its because it allows me to be connected...without the time it would take to do it otherwise...which means it would never get done. I love that I can stay up to date on my old junior high friends as well as my closest friends who live down the street. I am sorry...THIS technology really does help my life! ( if you dont count how many hours I spend on it...but thats another subject!!)
- I could eat popcorn for at least one meal a day EVERY day if someone would let me! I have the stove top popcorn popper so its not fake stuff ( I now LOATHE microwave popcorn!) I cook my kernels in coconut oil and top it with organic pastured REAL butter and sea salt...its to die for and really my guilty pleasure meal.
- I still repeatedly read my birth story, watch the slide show and look at my pictures from Lexi's birth. I am so scared that one day I wont remember it so vividly... I would love to relive that day over and over and over again.
- The past 2 weeks have really humbled me and convicted me on showing grace to friends and others around me. I want to stop assuming the worst in people --and assume the best. I want to stop my tongue from saying words that would bring another down...and instead lift them up....even if they have hurt me.
- I love to watch TV--and at any given time have about 5-10 hours of "my shows" taped on the DVR waiting to be watched. This is what I do when I am feeding Lexi or getting her to sleep....I watch my shows...its my"check out" time for the day.
- My clothes are pretty much ALWAYS covered in spit-up--fresh and old--and I have gotten to the point it doesn't bother me anymore...sad, I know.
- I really dont like talking on the phone...which is probably why I like FB so much!( and texting)...I used to love the phone but now that I have such little time as my own..and talking with a screaming kid in the background drives me BATTY, I just dont enjoy it.
- I still feel like I need to "hide" every time I go to feed Lexi a bottle in public. At home--we make it a special time together--out in public I want to hide in the corner to do it. ( oh and I laugh at ANY One who thinks bottle feeding is easier..its soo much work. But secretly I am getting used to it...and that makes me sad.)
- I know my firstborn is a lot like me...and I am not sure whether to rejoice or cry over that. I love his personality and attention to detail...but I am afraid that I will turn that into a negative instead of a positive.
- I hate taking showers...I would rather spend my energy on ANY thing else.
- Although having a cluttered house makes me INSANE---I only clean my floors and bathrooms every few months...honestly.
- If people knew my colorful past...I wonder if the would love me more or less? I think its all made me who I am...but I think some of it would be shocking to many of my "newer" freinds.
- I am so proud of myself for making at least 4 meals in the last week from scratch and with more "whole" ingredients!! This makes me feel more complete as a mom and wife!
- Life in the Spradlin home over the past two weeks has been spoken of in phrases from Nacho Libre! "Children--you must not wrestle. Because It says in the bible, do not wrestle your neighbor!" "My life is Good..Really Goooood!" " Chancho...I need to borrow some sweeeaatts."
- I just got the phone call with some of the results back from Lexi's procedures this morning... now the hard work begins and I am petrified of making the wrong choices....
I think I really like blogging about my life in bullets....I MUST do this more often!!

4 comments:
I want some of your popcorn to eat while I watch all 86 DVR'd episodes of The Office! Loved to read about you.
Here is mine: http://dickieandmarge.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-life-in-bullets.html
Thanks for playing the game!
elliekateandpeyton.blogspot.com
Here is my life:)
http://chezmichaud.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-life-in-bullets.html
Will be doing this today thankyouverymuch.
And Les, I think you'd be surprised about people's colorful past. I use mine as my testimony and have never been ashamed of it. One time I had someone tell me "What if I told everyone about YOUR past?!?" And I was like...I already have ;] You are an amazing mom.
Post a Comment