Monday, January 19, 2009

Another big "first" to document!

We had one of those astounding "firsts" happen last Friday night (1/16/09)--and of course I need to BLOG about it! ( And if we all had not gotten the dreadful stomach bug, you would have heard about it before now!)
Last Friday night--after Austin's bath, I did our new thing of putting him on his new potty seat just so he could get "acquainted" with it. Well you should have heard my gleeful squeals when I heard him actually peeing in the toilet!! I know its likely a "fluke" thing that happened, but who cares--I am still excited!
I am not pushing him at all with the whole potty training--those who know Austin know that he does all in his OWN time--and no pushing is going to make that happen any faster! ( sleeping, breastfeeding, eating,... need I say more?)


Oh--and while we are at it--I will also share that we set up Austin's new race car toddler bed tonight and currently he is actually asleep in it. ( don't get too excited-- its only 10pm--we still have a lot of night ahead of us!)
Here is a few pics in his new bed--he "looks" excited about it...we'll see if he feels that same way at 1am!

2 comments:

Whittney said...

Go little Austin...you never know, my Mom swears that all of us were potty trained by 2. Even the devil boys!

Life as a Mom said...

Hi lovie!! I love hearing all of the fun firsts etc.! I hope he enjoyed his bed! Easton is just like Austin...he does thing in HIS time! So...enjoy the process!! :) Love you, jen jen