Monday, October 6, 2008

Ok--I am finally sitting down to "blog!" Miracle isn't it! It really has been crazy busy here. It began last weekend (ok maybe two weekends ago now!) That Saturday we had TWO birthday parties to go to--one for my friend Rebbecca's son, Caden and it was a pirate party! Austin was one of the younger ones there--so he was not so into the whole pirate theme--he could care less about his special hat, his eye patch and his sword. He liked the "booty" that fell from the pinata's and the goldfish he could eat more than anything! But it still was fun.
Then we went to our neighbors for her daughters 3 year old party and she had a princess bounce house! Of course that was a huge hit--Austin was kinda of apprehensive at first--there were much bigger kids around him playing, but after a while he got a bit more confident and even "bounced" a little! It was fun to see him having that much fun with other kids. That night I had a "night out" with a few girlfriends, which was a nice break away.
The next day I had a CPR training class and Austin and Daddy spent the afternoon together.
Then the week began and it was busy with work. I went into the APA office 3 days for a meeting and to work on the website. Jessica kept Austin for me for 3 days, which was a blessing. In the middle of all that I had a prenatal appointment with my November client, a postpartum visit with a A September client and then had a birth late Wednesday night! I am telling you--it was a crazy week! The birth went well--and I was only gone for about 7 hours--too bad those 7 hours were until 3 in the morning! One thing I Have noticed--I am having such a hard time recovering from births now a days. Normally if its a long birth, or an emotionally charged birth or a physically challenging birth, the recovery is harder and longer for me--but lately I have noticed the recovery is hard no matter what! I think its the combo of getting older and also not being able to really rest after a birth--Austin does not understand that Mama has been up all night working and needs to sleep--he just wants his mama!
This weekend was also pretty busy and this week is also filled. I really thought I would be able to slow down in October--but things come up and it is just not to be yet...oh, well!

One thing we are way excited about is that we are going to Oklahoma to visit Chris, Jodie and the kids in a few weeks. We have been wanting to make a trip there for months--but had to wait until I did not have a birth so I could leave town...and finally my schedule cleared so that we can go! We are way excited about going...I will keep you posted for when we go! I am sure there will be lots of fun pictures then!!

No comments: