- We flew out last Friday and due to serious Southwest system issues--almost missed our flight--not the way I wanted it to start out! Get on the flight and its packed--but luckily we had a very nice older woman volunteer to sit right next to me and the squirmy Austin. She did not mind when he played with her rings, her feet and her book. He was actually wonderful on the flight to New Mexico where our layover was. Then we get on our flight to Tucson and lo and behold one of my best friends is on our flight--Leslie Likes who I was supposed to meet up with in Tucson was on our flight, so needless to say Austin loved that leg of the flight--he ran between us in the seats and it went by very fast!
- We went to a family birthday party at Aunt Maddies on Sunday and Austin got to play with his distant cousins. He had lots of fun and learned to say "no"---oh just wonderful!!
- Monday Aunt Kayla had the day off and we set out for a fun day at the pool. Unfortunately the pool we went to was closed for maintenance that day so we went to the zoo instead and played in the splash park they have--I am not sure who had more fun--Austin or kayla! Then we went to "In N Out Burger" for lunch and Aunt Kayla introduced Austin to fries dipped in Ketchup--as you will see from the slide show--he LOVED them---another great!
- My parents have a bird and two dogs--so far Austin loves the bird and is also now trying to say "dog." I guess the way to get a jump start on him fully talking was to bring him to Tucson --he also learned to say "wow" courtesy of my mom!
- So far on this trip Austin has decided that walking around in the world is boring--he is now climbing on everything! His favorite is this toy ping pong game at moms house--he climbs up on it--presses the button to make the music sound--dances a little bit and then searches for what he can climb on next--so far its been chairs, couches and he even tried a bookcase----aacckk!
- Ok--back to what we have been doing. Tuesday we had a day alone--everyone else was at work or school.. SO we headed to the mall where I let Austin play on the crazy and kid infested indoor playground. I was a little worried about all the bigger kids playing around him until he started running after them and tackling them himself...um, ok guess I better just back off and let him play. He also decided he liked to hug kids--some kid came up and hugged him first and then he decided he was going to hug the other kids--it was very cute and a little awkward all at the same time! When Aunt Kayla got home from cheer practice ( my dear sister is one of the varsity captains this year) she was doing some dance routines in the living room and Austin thought that was just great! He danced around her moving his arms up and down trying to mimic her "dance moves" ( spirit fingers anyone!??) She eventually picked him up and they danced to band songs together-Aunt Kayla has become a favorite for him on this trip.
- Today we went to Aunt Maddies for time with Nana and to swim with the cousins again. Austin again showed his hugging trick when he out of the blue hugged Sully. After the pool the boys had fun in the bath with crayons, paint and lots of toys--Aunt Maddie is a well equipped great grandma!
- I have cooked for my parents the past two days and am happy to report they are impressed with my cooking skills--yea!
- I should be getting more sleep than I am, but Austin has been really out of sync since we got here and is not sleeping very well--and when he does sleep, I find myself loving the time i have to just watch tv, read or get on the Internet....aagghh, i am supposed to be re energizing myself!
- On that note--I have had lots of time to think while i have been here--there is just something about being in a different place, breathing in different air, that allows you to think more clearly I think. And I think too because AZ is my past, it really makes me reflect on how different my life is since I lived here. Anyways--I wont go into all my reflections and thoughts but I will say that it has been good, hard and eye opening all at the same time. While I wont say I am dying to get back to Texas--I will say that I miss my husband greatly! And I know Austin does too---life is just not the same without daddy around so although we are having fun, we would love to be with daddy too.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Our AZ trip so far....
Ok--I know I needed to post days ago about how our trip is going but I have not had much chance to get on the computer and when I finally did--I had like 250 emails to sort through, so I am now finally getting to posting some pictures and updating about our trip. Lots of happenings and going on so I am going to do this in list format--much easier!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tell Austin to save one of those HUGS for Nana. Can't wait to hear him talk.
Nana Phillips
Post a Comment