Monday, March 24, 2008

Mommy Moment...

So I had a "moment" tonight...Shea even realized it was a "moment" so its not just me being an emotional mother!
Austin has become more interested in books over the past week. If you have one, he will look intently at the pictures, some times grab it from you but then give it back so you can continue to read it.
Tonight I got him ready for bed, Shea and I both wrestled with him to give him his medicine and then Shea held a book open that I read to Austin. After I finished, I put him down to see if he wanted to play or would fuss--and he crawled over to his book shelf, grabbed another book, crawled back over to me, dropped it on my lap and then sat down next to me, staring eagerly at the book and then me. Shea and both looked at each other--I had tears in my eyes--and Shea said "the big boy brought mama a book to read." What we were both thinking was, "oh my goodness...our "baby" wants us to read him a book." So it was our "moment" for the day. Our baby boy is getting bigger every day--and as hard as it is at times, I know that one day I will miss these days.

2 comments:

marie said...

OH I am crying to! AWESOME Keep reading to him, he is probably gonna be a reader! :)
LOVE all the pics and comments, more tears!
All I keep hearing in my head is Trace, " your gonna miss this" so true , savor the moments mamma and daddy Sprad!
Love you and miss you!
memaw :)

Anonymous said...

Don't get overly positive about this development...it is the precursor of "Mom/Dad, I really don't understand these quadraic algebra problems. Do you have a couple of hours or so to help me. I know it's already ten-thirty, but I have a test on it in the morning." And this is said with the same sweet eyes and voice that you get from your baby. Pray for endurance and sanity...well at least endurance.

Learning is an adventure and every moment is a learning opportunity.

Uncle Pat