I had an "ah-ha" moment this past weekend realizing all that has happened in our lives that make our lives so blessed. We are not wealthy, we live on a VERY tight budget and we dont get to go out and do a whole lot, BUT this is why we are blessed:
1) Shea and I celebrated our 6th year of Marriage this year.
2) We welcomed our very healthy son into the world 4 days later.
3) We were able to deliver him in our home just the way I imagined.
4) I was able to stay home with him for the first 10 weeks of his life.
5) When I went back to work, I was able to take Austin with me so we have never had to put him in childcare.
6) Shea sold his truck and was GIVEN a motorcycle to drive. Not only a financial blessing but a dream come true for Shea.
7) After much prayer and consideration, we decided that I should be a WAHM with Austin. This would be supplemented with my income from doula work and possible contract work.
8) I have 3 doula clients lined up for November, December and January--all are repeat clients who I have done births with before.
9) I found an incredible person to watch Austin as I do births--Gods timing in bringing us together was perfect!
10) Shea's mom and step dad gave us an old truck they were no longer using so Shea would have some alternatives for getting to the train station when the weather was cold or rainy.
11) On my last few days at APA, they presented me with numerous opportunities for contract work--this will be a great supplement for our income over these first few months as we transition into being a one income home.
12) We are out of debt from all things such as medical bills, credit cards, furniture financing, etc.. We celebrate the end of this year with only our house, one car and student loans as our debt--- not "Debt Free" yet, but we are on our way---yippee!
13) I am enjoying every day being at home watching my little baby grow into an incredible little boy and watching my husband be an incredible daddy.
14) We have incredible friends and family who surround us and encourage us around every bend in the road.
15) Aside from a few headaches, Lesley is HEALTHY!! It was only a few months before we found out about our pregnancy that my health had been a mess--since becoming pregnant and having Austin, I have not had any of those health issues.
16) Shea is so dedicated to our family that he commutes an insane amount of time and works 6 days a week most weeks to provide for our family.
We are just TRULY Blessed!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment