Monday, October 15, 2007

Nana's coming and other fun adventures...

Nana ( Shea's mom) is coming tomorrow and we are so excited!! I have realized why its so fun to be around "the grandparents"--because they are the only ones that we know love our children as much as we do!! And they get excited about all the little things the kids do, that many others could care less about!!( and who can blame others for not getting excited when our child only poops 3 times a day instead of 6 or when he has his first time in his johnny jumper!!)

We faced our first real testing of parenthood last week, as Austin has hit the common "4 month" change. ( granted when it first happened I had no idea it was common and was quite distraught on what had happened to my sweet little boy!) I guess its about this time that they really want to be engaging in more--but their little minds work faster than their limbs which leads to some serious frustration. They also need to be challenged and entertained more----as they are not content to just lie around and "coo" any more!! At home we have stations that we cycle through---the floor in his room with the leap frog, the johnny jumper, out side on a blanket, outside rocking, the swing in the kitchen, playing on the couch, etc...The challenging part is that when he and I are at the office...we dont have stations and boredom and frustration sets in quickly!! On Friday he started a new thing where the would cry every time I would go to sit at my desk or stand by the computer...yikes and we have 3 more weeks of work left!

Anyways--this also just sent me on a tail spin of questioning the parenting style that we are using called Attachment Parenting. It is not easy and at times leaves me VERY worn down....but in all my research it seems to be the one that not only has awesome results as he gets older, but also fits Austin's needs so far.
I guess this is just the first of many times that I will question our parenting and wonder if some thing else would be better ( I know there's other things that would be EASIER!!)

So when Vicky is here our plan is leave Austin with her a few days to see how he does. My first doula client is due in a month--so I wanted to get a better gauge for how he will do when left without me for an extended period of time. And who is going to be more honest or love him more if he is not totally happy, then a grandma!! So--I am praying that goes well so I feel more peaceful about leaving him when the time comes.

I have lots more to say--but I gotta get some work done! Check out the new pics and video of how fast he is growing--its amazing to me!!

No comments: