Monday, September 10, 2007

Since we got back...

Things have been a bit crazy since returning from our trip. We were all home sick last Wednesday and then Shea was also home Thursday. I took Austin to the doctor on Thursday because he had some "weird" stuff going on. Turns out he had a very bad yeast infection on his bottom and a cold that was "borderline" bad. So I have spent the past few days just trying to rest him and nurse him as much as possible to help knock out that cold. Shea is still coughing and not quite 100%, but he's getting better. I just have a bit of a cold and have had some bad headaches--I am hoping those go away with the cold and its not my migraines returning!

I also realized last week that I possibly may have a bit of post partum depression rearing its ugly head--and I could really use some prayer. I think for the first 3 months after Austin was born, he was just so high maintenance that I could not stop to think about how truly overhwelmed I felt. Now that he is happier and I am trying to juggle "real" life again, its hit me like a ton of bricks.
But this has made Shea and I really look at what we need to change to make life more manageable. We don't have any concrete answerers yet--but are looking at some options. Another thing we could really use prayer about. I am not sure what the answers are--but we want to do what God wants us to do--and not make choices out of fear, selfishness or impatience. I will keep you posted on this stuff as I am sure it possibly could have some big impacts.

On the positive side--Shea rode the motorcycle to work today--yippee! It still needs a few little things to get it 100%, but it was drivable today which is what he wanted! He did get rained on this morning ( I had not heard it was going to rain---oops!) so it looks like for his birthday in a few weeks, he will be needing to get some rain gear!

Yesterday we made our first attempt at church and it went great! I had been so scared of how Austin would do---and sure enough I put him the sling during the service and he fell asleep, only to wake at the very end. It just felt so wonderful to be there again! We are getting a new building in the next few months, so lots going on there and I am glad we are connecting again.

And then we got a second treat for the day when Shea and I got to go on a short date!! My dear friend Whittney from work offered to watch Austin so we could get out and it was wonderful and so needed by us. We were going to attempt a movie and dinner, but I was all worried about getting home too late and bed time being delayed before we started the week, yada, yada, yada, so we just did dinner and a walk around Super Wal-mart! It was great--although its crazy how just one meal by myself makes me feel like I am missing something! I eat every meal of every day with Austin either in my arms, my sling or in the next room if he happens to be sleeping---so eating with only myself to worry about is just odd!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to be of service!

Vicky said...

We will definitely be praying for you guys. I know God will reveal what he wants in time. Cutest pictures ever! Getting another box ready to mail.
Vicky

marie said...

we KNOW God is faithful! You are all 3 in my prayers! Love you and miss you so much!